Salability Scale of your property
To weigh the Probability of fast Sale and check the Sellability scale of your property: The longer it sits in MLS, buyers and Agents loose interest, all you get is low ball offers. The top most item is the Price, most agent will list your home just to list it and later beat you down if it did not sell for any of the following factors.
Before putting it on the market understand where you stand as far as the valus is concerned, click on the link and quick check the value of your home and then see the value of homes around you in the Market Report
To compared your property with others on the market. A score of 80% and higher is believed “saleable” for the purposes of this test.
32 “yes” answers = 80%
Conditions/Terms Available Yes No
1. Priced (.25 %) below current active listings, encourage bidding war.
2. 100% accessible for 10 – 12 hours a day showing, 7 days a week
3. Competitive commission or higher other incentives to Buyer’s Agent and buyers.
4. FHA/VA acceptance, condition of the property/neighborhood to be FHA approved.
5. Owner financing helps.
6. Closing cost assistance available, see the down payment assistance programs.
7. Less than 3% down required for earnest money, helps first time buyers.
8. Less than market interest rate available/below market financing.
9. Automatic price reduction schedule established, every 14 days until SOLD.
10. Listing contract for 6 months at least.
11. House/property in great condition/minimal obvious repairs needed.
12. Odd number price, i.e. $698,375, just to get attention.
13. Lease option/trade terms, to have wider choice of buyers
14. Extras included (appliances, drapes, etc.). Buyers feel flattered.
15. Home Warranty Plan provided for Buyer, it is only $300 to $400 approximately.
16. No seller contingencies i.e. must stay in property after it closes.
17. Immediate possession available, it helps first time or out of area buyers.
18. Aggressively advertised, ask me how … trade secrets play a role here.
19. Pre-inspected -Roof/Plumbing/Termite, etc.
20. Home Staged by Home Stager.
21. Obvious cracks or damages repaired and made presentable before showing.
22. “For Sale” signs prominently displayed, on first and other levels of the home/condo.
23. Strong e-media presence, ask me how … trade secrets play a role here.
24. Benefit/feature brochures with “call to action” items; ask me how.
25. Best features placed in remarks in promotional materials, listing web site.
26. Listed in MLS with the most pleasant photos available.
27. Lock Box Placed outside for easy access of realtors.
28. Accurate but not over blown remarks posted in MLS.
29. Verified HOA/School/Community info.
30. Notification with inter-office agents.
31. Seller absent during showings, very important. Give the buyers some SPACE.
32. Top Agent notification, ask me how … trade secrets play a role here.
33. Systematic marketing plan, ask me how … trade secrets play a role here.
34. Seller to utilize feedback for price adjustments, ask me how … trade secrets play a role here.
35. Only qualified buyers shown by licensed real estate agents.
36. Flexible owner.
37. Seller accessible to Realtor for questions.
38. Non-emotional Seller.
39. No obvious odors-pet, smoke.
40. All required paperwork including Permits, Sellers Disclosure, and Survey reports provided to agent.
In nurshell, Price it right. Also visit this blog